01 January 2010

2010 Spelling Dilemma


In the first day of the new year 2010 I started wondering, well I've been thinking about this before but now its more relevant. How do you say or write 2010? With 2009 it was easy, it was 09. Should 2010 be 010? or just 10? It really doesn't matter but it would be nice to know the official way. Or is the era of shortening the year gone. Is it just 2010.

Recap from last night. Yesterday after work I came back to the hostel for a bbq and some chillin. Around 8 pm guys from work came to pick me up, first we went to this nice ass house that one of my workmates moved in. Its owner had built it by himself with his brother and his friend from ground up. It was a spanish style house, really nice with probably the most nicest view I've ever seen from the deck of a house! It overlooked couple bays of Waiheke Island and you could aslo see Auckland and the Sky Tower. Then we continued to other guys house for a couple drinks and we tried to figure out our plan for the night. We didn't have to ponder for long because some more people from work invited to their place for a few more drinks. After chillin there for a while we headed up to Oneroa and Skinny Sardines bar where we spent the change of the year. On the other side of the road was Sand Bar that had very good music and we left there soon after. There was some DJ's and one Drum n Base artist playing. Really good stuff. Around 3 am we left Sand Bar to go home that was on the other side of the island. So after a while wondering around trying to get a taxi or a ride home we ended up in a bus/taxi that took us to Charley Farleys. Thats a bar near where I live. We still tried to get in, the clock was like 3.30 am at this time. Well, we didn't get in so I started to walk home. Put my iPhone on for some music and walked down the Onetangi beach. I was great ending to the evening. Walk down the beach with the full moon shining down and lighting the ocean. It was so relaxing, There was no one on the beach and it was so quiet and laidback I chilled while at the beach listening to music and just took it all in. It made me realize once again how fortunate I am being able to be in a place like this. Life's Good! Happy New Year!

No comments: